The society aims to unite all CAB students (Civil Engineering, Architecture, and Building Students) and to create a community that will help students improve and standout !
Don't miss out on our latest updates! Follow us on social media.
Sorry, we haven't got any updates!
Check back soon for more events
Aims and Objectives for the Civil Engineering Society
1. The primary goal is to bring together those who are innovative, creative, and passionate about the construction industry. The society will provide a platform for students from all faculties to connect with professors and faculty members.
2. The society is intent on providing professional development and networking opportunities within CU and the wider community throughout the academic year for all of its members by organising events such as industry visits, talks, and various workshops to increase employability skills.
3. The society is founded on five pillars: inclusion, welfare, personal and professional growth, wider community engagement, and volunteerism. This assures that participants gain academic and professional credentials, as well as social progress.
4. The objective of the organisation is to facilitate the academic and social development of first-year students by facilitating a more rapid integration of new members into the student body and by promoting knowledge acquisition within the industry and beyond.
5. To organise collaborative activities with a variety of student union societies in order to improve the overall student experience while also having a good time!!!
Membership for society is £2.00 for the whole academic year.
Coming soon - stay tuned
Welcome to CUCES, the Civil Engineering Departmental Society!
The Coventry University Civil Engineering Society is a new society founded by the current civil engineering students at Coventry University. The society is open to anyone who has undertaken the civil engineering degree at Coventry University. In addition to this, we encourage any students who are interested in the role of civil engineers within society or have a general interest in the subject to get involved. We are keen to connect undergraduates, postgraduates, alumni, and staff at the university in order to promote and celebrate civil engineering in Coventry/West Midlands.
Our purpose can be split into three distinct aspects: fostering connections amongst students of different year groups, collaborating with industry, and promoting civil engineering as a career choice. To facilitate these aims, the society intends to carry out social activities, introduce a buddying programme and help organise and participate in STEM activities. During the academic year, we also hold site visits, organise networking events, and offer guest lectures in order to build our industry connections with civil engineering firms located in Coventry and the West Midlands.
We're here to provide some extracurricular events outside of the lecture theatre, be they sports, socials, or site visits. CUCES is a great way to network with other civil engineers on the course, as well as civil engineers in industry through our sponsors and site visits.
If you want to get in contact with the society please don’t hesitate to contact us on our email – [firstname.lastname@example.org] – or feel free to message us on Facebook/LinkedIn/Instagram. We would be happy to assist you with any enquiries, as well as to establish membership or collaboration.
- President: Taufeeque Ahmad
- Inclusion officer: Emanuele Offin Ankamah
- Treasurer: Maryam Majdoulli
- Director of IT: Laura Ornelas
Powered by MSL
Take a minute to update your profile so you will hear more about the opportunities and events you're interested in, and less about the ones you're not! Don't have time right now? You can always update your profile at yoursu.org/profile