The Islamic Society promotes a supportive environment for Muslim students on campus, providing support to students and educating the wider community on the message of Islam.
Don't miss out on our latest updates! Follow us on social media.
Sorry, we haven't got any updates!
Check back soon for more events
Aims and Objectives
1) We aim to provide emotional, spiritual, academic and social support for the Muslim students on campus.
2) We aim to ensure students have a suitable place to make ablution, observe the daily prayers, and to pray the Friday Prayer.
3) We aim to build and maintain a positive, transparent relationship between the University and its Muslim students.
4) We aim to help educate the wider community on the true essence of Islam.
5) We aim to show that our members are a positive influence and example during their time at university.
6) We aim to work on projects throughout the academic year, such as Charity Week and Islamic Awareness Week, whilst also promoting Islamic talks and activities throughout your time at university.
Don't forget to like our Instagram page to keep updated about our activities throughout the academic year.
Membership for the society is £2 for the whole academic year
1. Organise jummah prayers every Friday so students can attend and complete their obligations. (Follow us on Instagram to keep updated)
2. Weekly Halaqahs & Islamic lectures are done by different speakers on various topics where you can further your understanding of Islam.
3. Brothers weekly football event.
4. Brothers & Sisters gaming night (held separately) - where you can socialise, play games and meet new people.
5. Life of Saabireen (Sister Only Chat Event)
6. Lets get active, sister. (Sports event for sisters)
7. Quran Classes. (Sister Only)
Powered by MSL
Take a minute to update your profile so you will hear more about the opportunities and events you're interested in, and less about the ones you're not! Don't have time right now? You can always update your profile at yoursu.org/profile