Self-Supporting Students

SU team member talking to student.

This community is for any students that define as self-supporting. The Self-Supporting Students Community includes but is not limited to any student who has been granted independent status, which includes:

  • Estrangement from either biological or adopted parents

  • Financially independent

  • Aged 25 or over

  • Married or in a civil partnership

  • If you have a child or dependent

Login to the website to join the self-supporting students community.


If you have an idea of an activity you’d like to run for the community, we can support you!

If you have an idea for a campaign you’d like to run, we can help you deliver your campaign!


Find out more about Societies at Your Students Union here.


  • Stand Alone is a website that provides support for people that are estranged. There is a section specifically for students on Student Finance.

  • University Mental Health and Wellbeing Support - Coventry University has a dedicated Health and Wellbeing service which helps to support your mental health at university.

  • University Medical Centre - Coventry University has its own medical centre on campus to support you.

  • Student Funding Team – offers impartial advice and direction on how to access emergency funds. Can be found on the Student Portal.

  • Your Students Union offers free, independent, and confidential advice to all students. Find out more about Your Advice here.

Powered by MSL